Peace of mind with any home renovation project starts with knowing that you’ve hired a reliable, reputable company.
Below is a checklist of things that any credible roofing or contracting company should have. If they don’t, our advice is to keep looking.
- Established company with permanent place of business (who will honor warranty?)
- Office phone, fax and email (how will you communicate?)
- GST and business number visible (as required by CRA)
- Proof of adequate insurance (certificate of $5 million liability included with quote)
- Proof of good standing with WCB (included with quote)
- References supplied upon request (Testimonials included in quote package)
- Bank Financing
- Did the estimator physically measure the shape, pitch and individuality of your roof for an accurate estimate?
- Better Business Bureau
- Greater Vancouver Home Builders Association
- Canadian Home Builders Association
- Cedar Shake and Shingle Bureau
- Roofing Contractors Association of BC
- Detailed, written quote including:
– Tear off and disposal
– Plywood (if required)
– High Profile hip and ridgecap
- 10 yrs, ____yrs, ____yrs, How Long?
- Is it prorated?
- Fully transferable?
- Does repair or replacement include labor and materials?
- Are you obligated to pay the roofing company to maintain the roof each year?
- Clean exterior Guarantee
- Companies certified to install cedar
- Only #1 shakes and shingles are used and are verified to be Old Growth
- All cedar products are approved by the Cedar Shake and Shingle Bureau